This article will describe the process needed to enable audio on your Axis camera for both the Live View and in recordings.
- Log into your customer account
- Click Settings
- Under "Devices" click on the desired camera to open its configuration options
- Check then "Enabled" checkbox next to Audio
- Click "Save changes"
- Continue under Part B
- Complete steps listed in the Part A section
- Click "Manage" under Stream Profiles
- Take a snapshot or write down the current Stream Profiles listed, we will be changing 'Local Recording', 'Cloud Recording & Multi-View' and 'Large Live View' if you want audio during live viewing
- Click "Delete" and "Confirm" next to 'Local Recording', 'Cloud Recording & Multi-View', and 'Large Live View'
Note: If you receive an error when trying to delete the stream profile go back and delete any recording rules that are saved and active
- Use the template at the bottom of the screen to re-create the stream profiles, using the same resolution, framerate, and videocodec that we took note of in Step 3
- Check the box next to "Audio"
- Click "Create"
- Repeat Steps 5 - 7 for the 'Cloud Recording & Multi-View' stream profile and the 'Large Live View' stream profile if you also want audio during live view
- Now that all stream profiles have been re-created we have to make sure to set up our recordings
- To set up our recordings please follow the steps outline in the article: How To Configure Recordings On Secure-I 3.3 and make sure to use our newly created stream profiles.
Note: If you chose to setup audio only for recordings then you can stop here. However, if you chose to setup audio for both recordings and live view then continue to Step 11
- Click on "Live View" at the top of the page
- Select the camera to display its live view
- Click the icon to turn on audio, the button will always be located in the bottom right of live view. Once turned on the icon will then look like this