This article describes the procedure to configure an Axis camera to upload still images to an FTP server in addition to using the Secure-i hosted video service. This procedure must be done on the same local area network as the camera you are configuring.
Secure-i does not provide FTP servers or accounts to accommodate the storage described in this article. You will need to provide an FTP server for the end user.
- Log into the user account associated with the camera through your designated company portal
- Click on the HVR Settings button
- Select your camera from the device list
- Take note of the password displayed in Camera Password column (this password can change periodically)
- Click the "local access" link found next to the password and login using username "root" and password from step 4
- You should now be logged into the root account of the camera
- Click on Events
- Click on Event Servers | click add FTP | enter ftp information for your ftp server and click okay
- Click on Event Types
- Click on Add Triggered or Add Scheduled
- Name the event and select the proper Activation Time options for this event
- Select Save Stream from the When Activated section and choose an image frequency
- Select FTP from the upload type menu | Select the event server you created in step (8)
- Click OK
This camera should now be configured to transmit a still image to your designated FTP server at the frequency you configured. You can now configure private or public access to your FTP server and allow an end user access to those images.